Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 (LDT 1)
26 Oct 2017
29 Oct 2017
The Living Well Workshop Co.
3 Pemimpin Drive, #07-02, Lip Hing Buidling, Singapore, 576147
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a cutting edge hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. It was created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT1 takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. Skilled practitioners with developed listening skills can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels.
LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…).
Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements. These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
By the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Describe basic anatomy, physiology of the lymph system and main body fluids.
- Explain the scientific principles behind Lymph Drainage Therapy, and why the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in recovering from disease and enhancing health.
- Explain the importance of the lymphatic system and how it relates to blood and other body fluids.
- Describe main indications and contraindications of LDT.
- Perform techniques that help you move lymph and interstitial fluid through the body to cleanse it of toxins.
- Describe the main specific locations of lymph nodes and lymph vessels.
- Work with a 3-dimensional perspective of the lymphatic anatomy of the body.
- Palpate lymph flow and explain key details to specifically do so.
- Demonstrate specific lymph-drainage sequences for the face and neck, upper and lower extremities, superficial and deep abdomen.
- Describe key points to observe for optimal lymph drainage results.
- Travel through the body via the “lymphatic highway” to accurately understand fluid flow.
- Perform techniques for pre-post surgical conditions.
- Put treatments and self-help techniques right away into practice.
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) of various origins
- Relief of subacute and chronic pain
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Detoxification of the body
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Anti-aging effects
- And many other benefits
Required Advance Reading:
Terms & conditions
By registering for this course, the registrant is agreeing to the terms and conditions stated.
Upon registration, $60 non-refundable.
Less than 30 days cancellation, 50% non-refundable.
Less than 2 weeks cancellation, 100% non-refundable.
No refund will be given if you do not complete any part of the 4 day course.
In the unforeseen event that the course is cancelled/postponed, participants have the option to transfer the amount paid to another class or receive a full refund. The Living Well Workshop Co. will not be responsible for any travel expenses incurred by the course participant.